What is geoCallout?
geoCallout is an Add-In Utility for Esri ArcGIS Desktop version 10, 10.1 and 10.2. geoCallout produces smart callouts encompassing tabular data with the custom leader-lines attached to respective map features. Its outputs are highly customizable and works with points, polylines or polygons geographic features. It can service data from many sources, such as shapefiles, personal geodatabase or dynamically created joins.
What is so special?
By default, the callout element only accepts text as its inner content. But we have extended existing ArcObject classes and interfaces, enabling any content type to behave as callouts. These instances may be a simple graphic features or more complex custom tables, with dual headers for columns and rows.
Who does benefit from it?
GIS analysts and specialists embrace this utility, which solves their frustrations with standard ArcGIS toolset's limitations. This value added dimension will be warmly embraced by department personnel, due to the option of generating smart callouts into custom map layouts.
Some GIS specialists may utilize this tool for the creation of illustratively appealing chem-boxes or data-tables to represent their complex environmental data. geoCallout presents GIS specialists a powerful tool to provide a dynamic interface between the analytical and spatial data, providing added substance, and according appearance, to map reports.
What are the main features?
- It is intuitive, easy to use and interfaces seamlessly to ArcGIS Desktop
- Processes and validates custom queries on active view's selected map layer data
- Queries to select fields for rows and columns in interactive and exclusive fashion
- Yields dual-header tables, with styling and formatting options, for headers and cells
- Rows and columns can be interchanged and color-coded
- Colors individual cell depending upon custom criteria (=, <, >, >=, <=, <> [value])
- Generates tabular callouts which are movable and resizable
- Allows corresponding leader-lines to be presented in multiple colors and styles
- Allows users to save their selected options as configuration for future processing
- Dressed for rich user experience
What is next for geoCallout?
- Improve its features and functionalities, stemming from user feedbacks
- Implement web plugin capability, enabling online mapping application utilization
- Deploy it through ArcGIS Runtime, allowing integration with any Windows application
- Tell us what do you want at geoCallout@SuperiorInfoTech.com
Contact: Email George Blaty or call 248.353.4090 Ext. 102 for more information about geoCallout.